Cyber Security-Senior IR Consultant
Crypsis Overview and background:
The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics and information security. With a highly-successful track record of delivering mission critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
Senior IR Cyber Security Consultant Responsibilities:
- Perform reactive incident response functions including but not limited to: host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs). (Post breach duties and responsibilities).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Lead incident response engagements to guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Mentorship of Incident Response Consultants in incident response and forensics best practices.
- Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 20%).
Senior IR Cyber Security Consultant Qualifications:
- 4+ years of incident response or digital forensics experience with a passion for cyber security (consulting experience preferred)
- Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Former experience in working on cases from end to end and participation in scoping calls with external clients and internal team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
- Competitive base salary with quarterly bonus plan
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, and 401k with Voya
- Open Paid Time Off Policy, Paid Annual Training/Conference Program, and Unique Office Perks
Keywords: DFIR, Scoping, end to end, cases, encase, FTK, wireshark, cellebrite, malware, senior consulting, host based analysis, digital forensics