DFIR Consultant-Post Breach Incident Response
The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide an effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
- Perform reactive incident response functions including but not limited to host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine the source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Provide support on incident response engagements to senior level team members to guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer-term remediation recommendations.
- Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 20%).
- 2+ years of end to end post breach incident response and digital forensics experience with a passion for cybersecurity
- Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, Wireshark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity
- Approved certification and training reimbursements
- Open Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k Employer Matching
- Flexible work schedule
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Internal ZP Group Opportunities
Mclean, VA 22102