The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly-successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
The Director of Digital Forensics and Incident Response will play a significant role in helping us with our rapid growth by hiring DFIR consultants at various levels across the US, client retention and relationship building, DFIR methodology development, scoping and leading engagements, mentoring project teams, and leading organic hyper-growth efforts at the strategic leadership level.
- 10+ years of hands-on consulting experience in digital forensics, and incident response
- You are an Industry-recognized inspiring leader with media and public speaking experience, deeply embedded in the information security community
- Experience with forensic processes and procedures (chain of custody, computer acquisition techniques, and memory acquisition techniques)
- Maintain hyper-current knowledge of extant vulnerabilities and threat landscape
- Experience using forensics tools such as EnCase, FTK, SleuthKit, Volatility, etc.
- Analysis experience and operational understanding of one or more major operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, or Mac)
- Knowledge of common malware persistence mechanisms
- Experience identifying and triaging the malware
- Experience leading technical breach response teams in fast-paced environments
- Strategic mindset but also detail-oriented and hands-on ability to lead a high-level discussion on DFIR technology strategy and approach both internally and externally
- Demonstrated self-starter with intellectual curiosity and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work quickly, willingness to work on ad hoc assignments, work independently or leading teams as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop unique and creative solutions to problems on the fly
- Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques to solve complex customer issues
- Ability to manage clients, lead meetings, and manage multiple project teams concurrently
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain rapport with clients
- Demonstrated ability to cross-sell or upsell existing clients and generate new business
- Experience managing complex budgets
- Ability to allocate staff to various projects quickly and efficiently
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 20%) to support leadership, customer briefings, planning and other activity as needed
Compensation for the DFIR Director includes:
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity
- Company Equity
- Approved Certification and Training Reimbursements
- Open Paid Time Off Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K Employer Matching
- Flexible work schedule
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
1410 Spring Hill Rd Mclean, VA 22102