PUBLIC RELATIONS DIRECTOR
Founded in 2015, Crypsis specializes in data breach response, digital forensics, and risk management consulting services for a growing list of clients ranging from small enterprises to Fortune 50 corporations, as well as federal government agencies. Our experts help victims of cyber crime investigate and recover. We combine deep security knowledge and proprietary technology to rapidly provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans for organizations. With offices in McLean, New York, Chicago, Austin, and Los Angeles and significant year over year revenue growth, we are firmly entrenched and well positioned as a leading provider of incident response.
As our company continues to grow, we are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Public Relations Director to join our team! Must have ability to build relationships with top tier reporters and industry influencers and know how to reach target audiences both on and offline. Will work closely with writers and subject matter experts to produce content and pitch to journalists.
Responsibilities for the Public Relations Director include:
- Devising strategies to gain exposure for Crypsis in the mainstream media.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions, and competitive data.
- Promoting company services, ideas, and thought leadership.
- Maintaining and executing on a regular cadence with respect to public relations and thought leadership outreach.
- Collaborating with professional services and product development teams to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the firm’s business objectives.
- Providing editorial oversight to content to ensure produced materials are consistent with brand voice and style.
- Developing and managing editorial calendars and workflows to ensure deadlines for delivery of content are set, communicated, and adhered to.
- Managing creative resources including writers and other agency personnel to create content for press releases, bylined articles, keynote presentations, and social media campaigns.
- Integrating content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- Developing media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with press and industry influencers.
- Monitoring and analyzing PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Maintaining an understanding of industry trends affecting clients and key business partners and making appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
Qualifications for the Public Relations Director include:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Journalism, or related discipline.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Experience in preparing subject matter experts for broadcast and print media interviews.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Cybersecurity, privacy, or legal experience is a must.
Compensation for the Public Relations Director includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits: United Healthcare Medical, Dental, VSP Vision, 401k Match through Voya, Flexible Work Schedule, Paid Time Off, and Paid National Holidays
Keywords: marketing, public relations, management, Washington, DC, cybersecurity, communications, corporate communications, marketing programs, PR, press, content marketing, brand management, customer retention, customer engagement, client retention, client engagement, social media marketing, community manager.