Mobile Application Researcher
Founded in 2015, Crypsis specializes in data breach response, digital forensics, and risk management consulting services to a growing list of clients ranging from small enterprises to Fortune 50 corporations, as well as federal government agencies. Our experts combine deep security knowledge and proprietary technology to rapidly provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans for organizations. With offices in McLean, New York, Chicago, Austin, and Los Angeles and significant year over year revenue growth, we are firmly entrenched and well-positioned as a leading provider of incident response.
The Crypsis Group is seeking a Mobile Security Researcher to join our growing team. The Mobile Security Researcher will be a member of the professional services team and is responsible for partnering with executive leadership and other internal team members to develop technical designs and processes in line with mobile application security objectives.
Responsibilities of the Mobile Application Researcher :
- The Mobile Security Researcher will reverse engineer potentially malicious code to isolate, analyze, and understand programs recovered from mobile devices and network data.
- Build and execute a hardening checklist for different platforms (iOS, Android) and define security design patterns for authentication, encryption, and integrity.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols in general and specific to mobile devices, SSL/TLS, cert pinning, DNS, proxies, and various methods of capturing and inspecting network traffic.
- Dynamic and static reverse engineering experience with tools and techniques including IDAPro, debugging tools, code patching, anti-reversing techniques, obfuscation, unpacking, and decryption.
- Ability to operate with various architectures including x86 and x64.
- Actively participate in the development, documentation, and implementation of new processes to expand and mature capabilities for the organization.
- Adept at communicating complex technical matters in a way both technical and non-technical personnel can understand.
Qualifications of the Mobile Application Researcher :
- BS or MS degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Five plus years of professional experience in an Engineering or related role.
- At least one year of professional experience within a consulting firm.
- Experience with both Android and iOS security preferred (expertise in one required).
- Experience adhering to rigorous and detailed instructions while also thinking creatively and solving problems. Attention to detail is a must.
- Proven ability to work analytically while demonstrating effective leadership, project management, teamwork, and innovation.
- Experience in working with smaller teams and/or start-up organizations.
- Location: Crypsis office location(s) (McLean, VA, New York, NY, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or Los Angeles, CA) will also consider remote for exceptional candidates.
- Ability to travel as needed/required (25% or less).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Opportunity
- Benefits: United Healthcare Medical, Dental, VSP Vision, 401k Match through Voya
- Flexible Work Schedule, Open Paid Time Off, and Paid National Holidays
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance