PRINCIPAL INCIDENT RESPONSE CONSULTANT
The Crypsis Group is a fast growing start-up that provides the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensics services. With a highly-successful track record of delivering mission critical cybersecurity solutions using cutting edge technology, we are experienced in working quickly to provide and execute effective incident response and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture. We are committed to helping our clients whether in response to an attack or proactively hardening their environments.
As our company continues to grow, we are looking for highly motivated and technical Principal Incident Response Consultants who are interested in responding to and investigating DFIR cyber security cases to join our Chicago, IL team!
- Lead and manage incident response engagements to guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Analyze Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious activity
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Conduct security gap analysis assessments, penetration testing / red-team assessments, and vulnerability assessments to identify security vulnerabilities and issues in client environments.
- Help develop and mentor other consultants on the team
- 6+ years experience leading incident response cases such as data breach, malware analysis, and insider threat from start to finish
- Lead scoping and strategy calls with the client and help to execute agreements
- Managed and mentored consultants during engagements
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Programming/Scripting experience with C, C#, or Python is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
- Proven leadership abilities to help us to continue to grow our practice
- Passion for incident response and digital forensic cases and assisting clients in the highest quality of service
- Competitive base salary with quarterly bonus plan
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, and 401k with Voya
- Ability to Perform Some Remote Work, Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy, Paid Annual Training/Conference Program, and Unique Office Perks
If you're interested in joining our exciting and fast growing team, please send resumes to the Director of Talent of Acquisition – Jenna.Papula@crypsisgroup.com
Cyber security, information security, infosec, incident response, digital forensics, network forensics, security consultant, digital investigations, data breaches, security incidents, EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, malware, reverse engineering, ransomware, wire fraud, brute forcing, network intrusion, hack, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k, DFIR