Crypsis Group is currently looking for a Principal Incident Response Consultant in Austin, TX to work with a rapidly growing security services firm. We specializes in the investigation of data breaches and security incidents.
Responsibilities for the Principal Incident Response Consultant include:
- Analyze Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Manage incident response engagements to scope work, guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Conduct security gap analysis assessments, penetration testing / red-team assessments, and vulnerability assessments to identify security vulnerabilities and issues in client environments.
- Mentor junior incident response consultants in incident response and forensics.
Qualifications for the Principal Incident Response Consultant include:
- 5+ years of incident response or digital forensics experience
- Proficient with host based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Incident response consulting experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
Compensation for the Principal Incident Response Consultant includes:
- Competitive base salary with quarterly bonus plan
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, and 401k with Voya
- Ability to Perform Some Remote Work, Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy, Paid Annual Training/Conference Program, and Unique Office Perks
Please send qualified resumes to Chris Wiseman at email@example.com.
Keywords: Incident Response, Forensics, Forensic Analysis, Computer Forensics, Memory Forensics, Network Forensics, Incident handling, chain of custody, computer acquisition techniques, memory acquisition techniques, EnCase, FTK, SleuthKit, Volatility, Sift Workstation, Mandiant RedLine, Windows, Linux, Mac, malware, malware analysis, sandbox, reverse engineering, triage, application security, log analysis, data breach, consulting, McLean, Tysons, Virginia, Benefits, Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k