Senior DFIR Consultant - Los Angeles | 10250 Constellation Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90067
The Crypsis Group | Company background:
The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly-successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
Responsibilities for the Senior DFIR Consultant include:
- Perform post-breach/post-infection incident response and digital forensic functions including but not limited to host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine the source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Lead and participate in incident response engagements to guide clients through forensic investigations contain security incidents and guide longer-term remediation recommendations.
- Mentorship of Incident Response Consultants in incident response and forensics best practices.
- Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 20%).
Qualifications for the Senior DFIR Consultant include:
- 4+ years of incident response or digital forensics experience with a passion for cybersecurity (consulting experience preferred)
- Proficient with host-based forensics, live memory capture, artifact analysis, and data breach response functions
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open-source forensic tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
Compensation for the Senior DFIR Consultant includes:
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity
- Company Equity
- Approved Certification and Training Reimbursements
- Open Paid Time Off Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K Employer Matching
- Flexible work schedule