Sr. Incident Response Consultant (Reactive)
Founded in 2015, Crypsis specializes in data breach response, digital forensics, and risk management consulting services to a growing list of clients ranging from small enterprises to Fortune 50 corporations, as well as federal government agencies. Our experts combine deep security knowledge and proprietary technology to rapidly provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans for organizations. With offices in McLean, New York, Chicago, Austin and Los Angeles and significant year over year revenue growth, we are firmly entrenched and well positioned as a leading provider of incident response.
- Perform reactive incident response functions including but not limited to: host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Lead incident response engagements to guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Mentorship of Incident Response Consultants in incident response and forensics best practices.
- Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 20%).
- 4+ years of incident response or digital forensics experience with a passion for cyber security (consulting experience perferred)
- Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity
- Company Equity
- Approved Certification and Training Reimbursements
- Open Paid Time Off Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K Employer Matching
- Flexible work schedule
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Cyber Security & Information Assurance
New York, NY 10036