The Crypsis Group is a startup and highly respected security advisory firm specializing in Data Breach Response and Risk Management. With a highly-successful track record of delivering mission critical cybersecurity solutions using cutting edge technology, we are experienced in working quickly to provide and execute effective incident response and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture. We are committed to helping our clients whether in response to an attack or proactively hardening their environments.
As our company continues to grow, we are looking for talented Senior Incident Response Security Consultants who are interested in responding to and investigating cyber breaches to join our LA team.
Responsibilities for the Senior Incident Response Security Consultant include:
- Analyze Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious activity
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Lead incident response engagements to guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Conduct security gap analysis assessments, penetration testing / red-team assessments, and vulnerability assessments to identify security vulnerabilities and issues in client environments.
- Mentor junior incident response consultants in incident response and forensics.
Qualifications for the Senior Incident Response Security Consultant include:
- 4+ years of incident response or digital forensics experience with a passion for cyber security (consulting experience preferred)
- Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
Compensation for the Incident Response Security Consultant includes:
- Competitive base salary with quarterly bonus plan
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, and 401k with Voya
- Ability to Perform Some Remote Work, Open Paid Time Off Policy, Paid Annual Training/Conference Program, and Unique Office Perks
If you’re interested in joining our excited and fast-growing team, please send resumes to Courtney Popelka (Talent Acquisition Manager) at email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Cyber Security & Information Assurance
Los Angeles, CA 90067