Threat Intelligence Analyst
Founded in 2015, Crypsis specializes in data breach response, digital forensics, and risk management consulting services to a growing list of clients ranging from small enterprises to Fortune 50 corporations, as well as federal government agencies. Our experts combine deep security knowledge and proprietary technology to rapidly provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans for organizations. With offices in McLean, New York, Chicago, Austin, and Los Angeles and significant year over year revenue growth, we are firmly entrenched and well-positioned as a leading provider of incident response.
The Crypsis Group is seeking a Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team. The Threat Intelligence Analyst will be a member of the professional services team and is responsible for partnering with executive leadership and other internal team members by providing critical information to combat potential threats.
Responsibilities of the Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- The Threat Intelligence Analyst will have experience with and understand various methods of using publicly available data to recognize relationships between individuals, businesses, and other entities.
- Responsible for mapping out malicious internet infrastructure and identifying additional, related assets.
- Analyze activity associated with both successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers.
- Develop dashboards to assist in automation and awareness for incident response and review incident logs/records mining for patterns.
- Researches Internet sources and threat intelligence databases to try and find evidence in customer logs.
- Hands-on experience with DNS, subdomains, user tracking technology, certificates, and other website and application components.
- Understanding what information can and cannot be gleaned from various social media services around the world.
- Solid sense of ethics, legalities and industry standards surrounding open-source intelligence gathering.
- Actively participate in the development, documentation, and implementation of new processes to expand and mature capabilities for the organization.
- Experience monitoring or understanding deep dark web forums is a plus.
- Thrive in culturally diverse research matters and be aware of cultural, social, and linguistic norms that may impact findings. (Fluency or proficiency in multiple languages a plus)
Qualifications of the Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- BS or MS degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Five plus years of professional experience in a Threat Intelligence role.
- At least one year of professional experience within a consulting firm.
- Offensive security reconnaissance skills are highly desired but not required.
- Experience adhering to rigorous and detailed instructions while also thinking creatively and solving problems. Attention to detail is a must.
- Proven ability to work analytically while demonstrating effective leadership, project management, teamwork and innovation.
- Experience in working with smaller teams and/or start-up organizations.
- Location: Crypsis office location(s) (McLean, VA, New York, NY, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or Los Angeles, CA) will also consider remote for exceptional candidates.
- Ability to travel as needed/required (25% or less).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Opportunity
- Benefits: United Healthcare Medical, Dental, VSP Vision, 401k Match through Voya
- Flexible Work Schedule, Open Paid Time Off, and Paid National Holidays
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance